Since Cloud has been introduced by Oracle the developers are focusing to migrate their applications and integrate cloud components with each others.
I was involved in an integration POC for a customer. When I was asked about the possibilities to render PCS tasks in Oracle APEX, my answer was directly YES. Because I knew APEX supports REST and since Oracle Process Cloud Service does it too, there should be no doubt about the possibilities.
In this shot blog I will explain how to do this. showing all running PCS instances in APEX and submit/approve/reject selected one.
Oracle PCS has a complete API available to make this possible.
- Create you PCS process in cloud
- Create two services in APEX
- Create a report page to show all open PCS Tasks
- Create a modal page to edit and submit the Task
Lets start with APEX part directly.
- Go to Shared components-> open Web service References
- Create a new RESR Service
- Add your info to the page, Method is GET and Basic Authentication is included.
- On the next page don’t include any paramaters for now.
- Click Next, now Select JSON as output format
- You see on this page, you can create but also you can Test your REST service.
- Now create a report page “Report on Web Service” and select your recently created Web Service Reference
- Add a collection name to store the JSON response
- Once you report is created, you will need to load the data properly.
- Create a button to execute the process
- Your process definition will look like below image:
- Your report will look like below image:
- At this point your done to load the open instances/Taks from PCS
- You will face two issues if you develop locally.
- ACL issue for HTTP
- Create ACL to access the cloud server
- Authentication ERROR
- you need to add a new process in APEX but this time you select in Operation
- ACL issue for HTTP
- Now go to your report source to extract the JSON CLOB to normal report attributes
- Now if you hit Load data, your data from PCS will be loaded in your interactive report.
In the next part of this blog I will write about submitting page.